Sunday 19 February 2017

Babatunde Somefun speaks on giant strides of Kakobis Entertainment





Babatunde Abiodun Somefun sits atop Kakobis Entertainment, one of the fast growing entertainment companies in the country. In this exclusive interview with Prestige International Magazine, the young and versatile entrepreneur opens up on various issues including giant strides of Kakobis Entertainment and his mission in the entertainment industry.
Can you tell us about yourself?
My name is Babatunde Abiodun Somefun, I’m from Abeokuta, Ogun State. I grew up in Ekiti State, the Fountain of Knowledge. I am the Managing Director/CEO, Kakobis Entertainment.
How did Kakobis Entertainment start?
Kakobis Entertainment has been something on my mind from my childhood days. I realized that I have interest in entertainment and everything related to entertainment. I also love having fun. Before I ventured fully into Kakobis Entertainment, I had obtained my first university degree, after my degree I also did a course in graphics design. I used my certificates to work and raised money to fund the establishment of Kakobis Entertainment.
What are the various services you render at Kakobis Entertainment?
At Kakobis Entertainment, we are into music production; we also make movies in Kakobis Entertainment. We are also into modeling and right now we are having a school call creative mind. In the school, we hope to train upcoming artistes and upcoming talented ones. Under it we have film making, cinematology, photography, modeling and so on.
Where did you obtain your first university degree?
I graduated from University of Ilorin
How did you develop interest in entertainment?
When I was young I used to follow my aunty to church then, she was in choir and I like the way she used to sing. That was how I developed interest in music and at the same time I started making friends with people that make movies. I also developed interest in drumming.
Can you tell us some of the works that have come out of Kakobis Entertainment?
Lots of works have come out of Kakobis Entertainment. Recently, we released a video, titled Rambo by Meyakey. Meyakey is an upcoming artiste. The video is now on TVs and internet.
What is the mission and vision of Kakobis entertainment?
At Kakobis Entertainment, we are out for change for the better entertainment industry. When I watch some movies I don’t like what I get from them due to poor quality in production. So, in our outfit we are out to give one of the best services under the sky. Some movie when you watch them, you may not gain anything from them, we want to improve on quality of movies and various services from Kakobis Entertainment. I’m working with my friend, we have been together for the past 15 years, and we are trying to bring back our old and ancient things.
Where do you see Kakobis Entertainment in the next five years?
In the next five years, we expect Kakobis Entertainment to be bigger and be established in various countries in the world. Kakobis is an international thing.
What is your view on piracy?
Piracy is what we can stop if we really want to stop it. We are currently working on it. We are trying to put a code on our production to stop piracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment