Saturday 31 December 2016

I started preaching of gospel at age 12, says Prophet Olufemi Otusanya (Omo Majemu)



Prophet Olufemi Otusanya, popularly known as Omo Majemu is the founder and Prophet in charge of True Covenant Church of God (TCCG). In this interview with Prestige International Magazine, the amiable man of God opens up on various issues including how he runs TCCG, year 2017, how he started the ministry and some miracles and healings that have happened in his ministry to the glory of God.  
You are a renowned man of God with a fast-growing ministry, how did you get into ministry?
 I started preaching of gospel at the age of 12, and then they called me Kekere Jesu. It got to a stage that God told me that ‘I’m going to use you as a prophet to the world’. I was working as an accountant when God said it is time to work for him. For almost a year I was dragging with that instruction until God confirmed it to me and I started the ministry as a church five years ago. I saw myself in the ministry by the grace of Almighty God.
What are the challenges so far?
The number one challenge is the conviction of the people to believe that actually God called me. I started when I was below 30 years of age and people were looking at me and saying that this small boy, how you can call yourself a pastor. Some people didn’t believe in me when I started while some believed because they have heard of me. Another challenge is that when we started we were not financially buoyant then. There were programmes we would have loved to organize then but we did not have the fund to organize the programme. God was proofing himself little by little. The third challenge was that when we started we did not have a place of worship of our own but now God has done it.
 Can you tell us some of the miraculous things that have happened in the ministry and some of your prophecies that have come to pass?
 Miraculous things that have happened in the ministry are so much that we can’t finish talking about them, let me just mention few. I could remember an eight years old madness that was healed by God and God used me to heal the then mad woman. The family of the woman even gave us a land at Ibadan for ministry. There is a also a man that God used me to heal, he was told at the hospital that they were going to amputate his leg but I blessed the anointing oil for the man to use on the leg and God healed the man completely. There are a lot of dead people that came alive through my commandment. For instance I was in Abuja and I was called that a lady was dying, she was my first interpreter, I asked those who called me to put phone on her chest, I prayed for her and she got up and became healed. God has done a lot in our midst, I can recollect a seven years old deaf and dump lady that was healed, and the lady is a living testimony today. On this land God has provided children for those who were looking for the fruit of the womb. I cannot recollect all.
How do you manage marital life with pastoral work?
 God gives me the grace to manage marital life with pastoral work. Actually, when I got married newly, my wife used to tell me that I don’t have time for her. But I called her and I tried to explain some things to her. I tried as much as possible to develop her in the spiritual realm. Thank God today she understands more than my own expectations, while I too try to create time for her. We thank God, we are managing marital life and spiritual calling together to the glory of God.
Can you tell us where you are taking True Covenant Church of God (TCCG) to?
 I can’t tell you where I’m taking TCCG to because I’m not the author and finisher of the ministry. But God has told me that he would take this ministry to the whole world. God even gave me an example of a Church in Nigeria that is known worldwide now; God said he will do more than that.
Omo Majemu is a preacher, aside preaching, what else do you do?
 Omo Majemu sings, I love singing. I want to release another album very soon. TVC is now showing one of my musical videos. We thank God for the prophecies that we give and they come to pass, people can testify to that. Prophetically, God is proofing himself and musically God is also proofing himself. Why do you always wear white dress?
Not that I cannot wear another color but the reason I love putting on white dress is because the angels working with me are always in white. When God showed them to me, they are always in white. It is also spiritual because whenever I wear white I feel more comfortable doing things for the Lord. I can wear any color; the only color I can never wear is black.
Are you a miracle minister or deliverance minister?
 I don’t understand what you mean by miracle minister. God is the only miracle performer. But God use me to deliver many people, God use me to perform miracles. I’m a prophet of most high God and God uses me for so many things. I preach the gospel and people repent and give their lives to Christ. Apart from being a prophet, I’m an evangelist. I’m also a teacher of the word. I thank God for everything.
What are the areas your ministry is touching lives of the people?
Number one, we are bringing people closer to God through our ministration. Number two, we always assist the poor by helping the needies. In the area of marriage, we have touched lives. We also connect people to get job. We have been touching people live in many ways.
What is your relationship with Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) and Christians Association of Nigeria (CAN)?
I have not registered my church under them because I love to listen to the voice of God before I do things. God said not all that are calling my name will enter the kingdom of God. I’m trying to build the church of God first before joining associations. I’m presently working with Soul Winner Ministry, led by Cardinal James Odunmbaku. Very soon I will join CAN because they have been calling me. I can even join PFN. God called me into interdenominational ministry. I’m for everybody. When can you refer to as your most memorable day?
That is the day of my calling to the ministry.
What is God telling you concerning Nigeria in 2017?
God has told me many things. In 2017, there will be little change in Nigeria economy. God will reveal some secrets behind the evil doers in this country in 2017. The price of commodities will be controlled and coming down a little bit. There will be some clashes between president and some ministers and also there will be some clashes among the elites. There will be cabinet reshuffle in 2017. It is going to be minor cabinet reshuffle. In 2017, common men should have hope in the Lord. Economy will be a bit better than what was obtainable in 2016. I see death among the people that are ruling, they should pray very well.
In what capacity is your wife assisting you in the ministry?
She is really trying considering her age. She is an evangelist. She is trying very well to combine activities in the home with various activities in the church. She is the pastor in charge of Teenagers and Youths. She is also the national president of Good women.


No comments:

Post a Comment