Saturday 20 August 2016

White Garment churches are not Outcasts- Prophet Israel Oladele (Genesis)



Prophet Israel Oladele, popularly known as Genesis sits stop Celestial Church of Christ, Genesis Model International. In this interview with WALE ABIODUN, the man of God opens up on various issues including how he started Genesis Model International, his upbringing, how his ministry is affecting peoples lives and innovations he brought into Celestial church doctrines. According to him white garment churches are not outcasts. He maintained that Genesis Model International mission is to raise people of value and change people’s orientation about white garment church.

You are a renowned man of God with a fast growing ministry. How did Genesis Model International Church start?
The church started in 2001/2002; I was born into Muslim family. By the grace of God I grew up as a Christ Apostolic Church boy. My late father was a deacon in CAC while my mother is a deacon too. The way we were brought up we believe so much in fasting and prayer. I moved to Celestial Church of Christ located around Ijaiye- Ojokoro in 2001, I moved to that church because somebody mocked my mum in our former church. I could not stand that mockery because somebody looked down on my parents that we were really so poor. The person told my mum that she is one of the most prayerful persons, why was it that my mum was always wearing one cloth to church. I thank God because that mockery has turned out to be a testimony. I was accepted in that celestial church, I was fully involved in the things of God including playing of instruments. You know in celestial church everybody wears white robes, sultana; nobody knows who is rich or who is poor. It was in that church when the gift of prophecy came in. Due to the grace of God upon my life people started running after me and God started performing miracles through me. The church started when somebody gave us a plot of land. The man that gave us the land lost her mum and Lord gave me prophecy on how and where they would find her and the prophecy came to pass. I do not believe in going to streams and rivers to bath I believe in fasting and prayers and God has been moving us from glory to glory.
What are the innovations you have brought into celestial doctrines?
We have been able to move people from tradition to transition. Youths are trooping in on daily basis and they will expect transitional ideology. I have been reading a lot of books, among my mentors are Dr. Mathew Ashimolowo, Dr. Mike Murdock of Wisdom centre in America and Rev. Mother Esther Abimbola Ajayi of Love of Christ Generational Church, C& S, London. I believe that it is not about going into the rivers to bath, it is about prayers and fasting and preaching the word of God. One of our secrets is personal development, liberating people through the word. In our church we don’t ask people to bring money before deliverance. Our members can testify, we have over 3,000 members. At Idimu branch, we are over 2,000 now. We are able to break barrier that if you don’t have sultana don’t come to church, if you are in mufti, you are free to come. We do workers’ service 7am to 8am, first service from 8am to 10am and second service from 10am to 1pm. We preach the word and we do leadership trainings and empowerment programmes. We also organize various conferences include marriage seminars. We do things that liberate people spiritually and mentally and miracles are abound. We are increasing to the glory of God.
Can you tell us some of your prophecies that have come to pass?
I don’t like celebrating my numerous prophecies that have come to pass. What I do is to celebrate God. I do have prophecies, but I am not interested in being negative about my country. I don’t want to be popular through negative prophecies about my country. I have been to various parts of the world. America will say God bless America. Our leaders may not even listen; they might be thinking that you are looking for cheap popularity. It is only God that can make you popular. Your spiritual peculiarity can also make you popular. I have been touching lives of the youths, who are future of the nation. We let the youths know that we cannot fail; we are saying in Genesis that we are unstoppable. We must not disappoint ourselves and we must not disappoint God. Any successful leader without a successor is a useless leader. I want to live to be remembered, I want to live to affect people. I want to live like Martin Luther king, I want to live like Mandella, I want to live like Jesus. I am not perfect, but I’m trying my best to walk on the track not to mislead people. Everything God has blessed me with are blessing from people who God has used me for. We don’t charge, I’m not on salary. I am not part of church money.
What are the areas your ministry has been touching lives of the people?
We touch people’s lives in various ways, we have people on scholarship. I have adopted 10 children who I sponsor, some of them are orphans, and some of them live in my house. I have sponsored two persons to become Lawyers. In our church what we preach love. As a member of the church if you have contract to give, we encourage it to be given to members. The people that are doing well affect those who are not doing well. We are also affecting the community. We also bless widows through Israel Oladele Foundation.
When can you refer to as your memorable day?
My memorable day is when I gave my life to Christ in 1999. The biggest gift in life is salvation.
Can you say your growing up and parental background prepared you for the work of God?
Yes, my growing up and parental background prepared me for the work of God. I have faced lots of attacks, confrontations, accusations and persecutions. I came from a very low background; it got to a level I had to pack remnants to feed. I was trained in a way that when you are bothered about something don’t go beg, just pray and wait upon the Lord. When you don’t face confrontation, you don’t have manifestation. I have passed through a lot of experience in the ministry but God has been sustaining me.
What is the vision and mission of Genesis Church?
To raise people of value and change peoples orientation about white garment church. That is what we have been doing and to the glory of God, God has been so faithful to us. We want people to know that Celestial Church is not what people think it is. I believe in investing in people. I just came back from Jerusalem with about eight of my ministers. Somebody just blessed me with a car and I gave it to one of my ministers, I believe in investing in people. God has used me in various ways to affect people. Although, there are church leaders who are marketers, they never believed that Jesus died for everybody. Those who are castigating celestial church are marketers; they are not saying the truth. Nigeria is going through wilderness. Religion is one of the problems of this country, especially Christians, you can see Muslims growing everyday. There is disunity in Christendom, this church will say I am the best, that one will say I am the best. With this orientation enemy will be able to penetrate. Jesus said on this mountain will I build my church and gate of hell will not prevail. A lot of men of God came from Muslim background, Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo and Bishop David Oyedepo came from Muslim background. If you want fulfillment to be established, it is not good for you to fight your brothers. What we are witnessing in Christendom today is not encouraging because many leaders are self centered. We want the whole world to see that white garment churches are not outcasts; we have a lot of giants coming out white garment churches.
What is your view on the current leadership tussle in celestial church?
Everything is settled now, our pastor is Oshofa Mobiyina. They have been to court and it has been settled. There is no longer leadership tussle, Mobiyina is the head.
What is your view on the proliferation of churches in Nigeria?
I believe that Nigeria needs prayers and our leaders need prayers. It takes the lead to be led. Those that are led by the spirits are called the sons of God. On churches in Nigeria, I am always careful; I have been to the school of wisdom. On that I believe that God should handle everything.
What is God telling you concerning Nigeria?
God is telling me Nigerian is going through a trying period. God is using current situation to rebuild us. Now, nobody wastes money or food. We are at the level of not enough. Our leaders need prayers; this is not the time to condemn them. It is not a man that will lead Nigeria; it is God that will take charge.
What is the expansion plan of Genesis church?
We are expanding by the day; we have a centre in Idimu. We want to have branches in various locations catching peoples young. Celestial church is not a traditional church; it is a church being led by the Holy Spirit.
In what ways is your wife assisting you in the ministry?
She is a blessing to my life; she is in charge of my new media. She takes care of my facebook and website. She is a wonderful person. She is so calm and prayerful.
What are your hobbies?      
I play table tennis, I read a lot. We are now planning for a very big event; we are bringing Dr.Mike Murdock to Nigeria and Rev. Mother Esther Abimbola Ajayi of Love of Christ Generational Church, C& S, London. She is my spiritual mother, the two are my destiny helpers. They are going to sponsor the programme. The programme is coming up from September 11, from 6pm to 10pm.
What is your advice to Nigerian youths?
My advice to Nigerian youths is that they should not allow their foundation to affect their destination. They should not allow devil to truncate their lives. They should let their attitude determine their altitude.



1 comment:

  1. I want to be a member of this church how do I locate or meet up with the authorities??

    ReplyDelete