Monday 27 June 2016

Brand Expert, Paul Inyang speaks on Megapluxglobal success story

Paul Inyang, CEO, Megapluxglobal   




Paul Inyang sits atop Megapluxglobal, one of the leading Point of Sales Materials Manufacturing Companies in Nigeria. The top brand strategist in this interview with WALE ABIODUN speaks on various issues including how his company became a success story, the practice of outdoor branding in Nigeria and what it takes to be a productive manager in the industry. Excerpts.
How did you get into outdoor branding business?
My name is Paul Inyang, I am the Managing Director/CEO of Megapluxglobal. We are POSMs Production Company that is Point of Sales Materials Manufacturing Company. These are the materials any company needs to enhance its market presence and the sales spot in the market place, when you talk about outdoor bill board, all materials that carry advertising ideas in the market. It increases the awareness and the market share; it also increases interaction with customers. I got into this business by destiny, I got into the business some years ago, I had a calling and I went into it. We are grateful today our business attracts multinational line. We have delivered many iconic productions. We are making values within our industry; we are now producing materials that were being brought to the country in the past.
Can you tell us some of your notable clients?
I don’t like talking about my clients, but if you mention ten, I will take seven clients.
What is the experience like in the beginning?
Just like every other businesses, it had its own challenges, it had its own up and down. In business you need to be consistent and you need to believe in what you are doing. You need to remain focused in your vision to see with your heart what your eyes cannot see. Presently, we are quite experienced; we are still growing and still experiencing some challenges.
How will you describe outdoor branding business at the time you started and now?
The business is now improved compare to what is obtainable in the past; the business is now more of internet and online focused. When we started ten years ago, there were more bill boards with paintings; it is now more sophisticated with LG screen and more of internet. The market is becoming more competitive, customers and brand now looking for cost effective ways to reach their customers. We have created phenomenon changes globally not only in Nigeria.

What is the key to Megaplusglobal success story?
We have remained focused and consistent with what we are doing; we have been tenacious to deal with any challenges. We believe nothing is impossible and we have been producing products that have not been producing in Nigeria before.
What is your management style?
I run an open door policy; we relate as friends and have same vision to achieve our goals and purpose. When we see a common purpose, we attack it together. All hands on deck to achieve that goal.
What is the strength of the organization?
Our strength has always been our consistency, we are very determined, we don’t give up, and we believe everything is possible. We have the audacity and believe that we can achieve it. Every business has its own weakness like the economy in the country now which is not well organized.
Have you always wanted to be an outdoor brand strategist in the beginning of your career?
I have been consistent, after my higher institution education I only worked for a year. The answer is yes, I always want to be a business person. After my NYSC, the thing was telling me that my calling is in doing business. Since I discovered my plan I did not look back since then.
Do you have any role model in the industry?
There are people that have done great things in the industry, we want to be like them and want to be in that competition. I have role models; I don’t want to mention names.
What is the relevance of outdoor branding to marketing communications?
Outdoor branding is still within marketing Communication. We should be able to interact, interpret the strength within the economy to understand the behavior of consumers and must be ready to form an opinion and strategy to create creative services to attract customers. An outdoor is one of the outlets of marketing communication. We can express it through outdoor, indoor, POSMs or through bill boards. Marketing communication is the hub of all channels to reach consumers of various services and products.
Let’s talk about some of the award you have received for the company in the past?
Recently we won an award organized by Institute for Government Research and Leadership Technology in 2015; we are the best POSMs marketing company. We are very honoured, we never knew the award was coming. The award was given to us by an institute in Abuja. We turn down awards if we feel that the source is not credible enough. Recently I was awarded a PhD. I said why given me a PhD? As a company we tenaciously committed to do things and get merits. We have been getting awards and very happy about the clients base we are able to attract.
As a successful entrepreneur in the country, what is your advice to Nigeria youths?
My advice to them is to be patient, to put service first before money. You cannot eat what you don’t have. If you sow excellence, you get excellence. The problem with Nigeria youths is that they want to do things fast, fast. They want to sow and get results now. Hard work pays. For pregnancy to birth you need to take nine months, you cannot hasten it, there is what we call gestation period. You need to sow, you need to plan, you need to pray, you need to have patience, there will be some set backs in life. You need to learn and be straight forward and be consistent, you need to remain focused. See with your eyes even when your eye cannot see. If you are focused in your dream, you will achieve.
In your view, what are the challenges in running business in Nigeria?
There is devaluation of the economy right now; in the business environment nobody is very sure. Nobody knows what happens next, it is quite challenging. It is a result of lack of long term planning. It is affecting every business right now. Short term plan is not good for the economy as a whole.
What is your favourite colour?
I’m a blue person and I like black thing. I like black because it gives strength and energy. My second colour is blue, it gives me peace.
What really determine your style?
Basically, I like to be comfortable.
Who  Paul Inyang?
Paul Inyang is a very humble man. I have fear of God and very hardworking. I believe in Nigeria. I believe things would get better, I believe Nigeria will do very well and I’m a believer of the country we are now. I’m honest and I don’t depend on man. I always believe in God, I have a strong faith in God. I’m confident about what I want to do and deliver.
How will you describe your wife and family?
My wife has been supportive of the business. My wife is the crown of my shine. She’s been my pillar, my strength, she’s been my role model, and she has been my guiding light and my star. She knows me well. I thank God and I appreciate the kind of woman that I married.
How did you meet her?
We met in the church and it has been good.
Are you car freak?
I’m not car freak
What is your favourite car?
I like good and fast cars. I have owned some cars in the past.
How will you describe the present administration?
We expected this change; we may not see what it is right now. I still believe the government is on the right track. I strongly believe this government is acceptable. I Strongly believe this government is focused. I believe this government mean well for the country. I believe it is the right time some things are put in the right place. What we are experiencing, the country will be better for it.
As one of the shining light in the industry, do you expect more from the regulatory body to improve the industry?
Regulatory bodies are doing their best to manage our control.


No comments:

Post a Comment